I am Assistant Professor in the Informatics Department, Universidade do Minho, and a researcher at the High Assurance Laboratory (HASLab) within INESC TEC.
My research interests cover data management in eventual consistent settings, distributed data aggregation and causality tracking. In the last years I have collaborated with my co-authors in the development of data summary mechanisms such as Scalable Bloom Filters, causality tracking for dynamic settings with Interval Tree Clocks and Dotted Version Vectors and in predictable eventual consistency with Conflict-Free Replicated Data Types. My recent work has been applied in the Riak distributed database, and is running in production systems serving millions of users worldwide.
- Program Committees: W-PSDS'16 (PC), PaPoC'16 (PC), DAIS'16 (PC), DCOSS'16 (PC), W-PSDS'15 (PC), DAIS'15 (PC), Middleware'15 (PC), PaPoC'15 (Co-Chair), DAIS'14 (PC), Middleware'14 (PC), EuroPar'13 (PC).
- Invited Talks: Workshop on Highly-Scalable Distributed Systems, Jan 2015. Nova-LINCS Seminar Series, Dec 2014. Basho Ricon, Oct 2014.
- Robust Distributed Data Aggregation. Paulo Jesus . PhD, 2012
- Causality Tracking in Dynamic Distributed Systems. Victor Fonte . PhD, 2009
- Information Search in Large-Scale Peer-to-Peer Systems. Nuno Lopes. PhD, 2009
Links: DBLP, Google Scholar, ACM DL.